The Academy supports 3 major types of membership.
- Full membership is restricted to registered Specialists in the field of Oral Medicine in Australia/New Zealand with no conditions or restrictions within Oral Medicine.
- Associate membership is restricted to postgraduate trainees in a recognized training program in Oral Medicine at an Australia/New Zealand tertiary institution.
- Affiliate membership is restricted to members who may have undertaken further training in oral medicine and have an active interest in the Academy objectives, but who are not currently registered as specialists in Oral Medicine in Australia/New Zealand.
To apply for membership of the Academy, please fill in the Membership Application Form and provide relevant details as requested. Please click here for the Membership Application Form.
- To improve clinical care in the field of Oral Medicine.
- To promote interest and maintain standards in education and research in Oral Medicine in Australasia at institutions, professional associations and industries.
- To inform governments and other official institutions of the significance of Oral Medicine for oral and systemic health, and the recognition, prevention and treatment of oral diseases.
To be the peak body representing Oral Medicine Specialists and the field of Oral Medicine, and act as the authoritative adviser and policy maker on matters related to education, training, assessment and accreditation in Oral Medicine.